Sunday, September 23, 2018

How many of you remember the ending of your junior year/beginning of your senior year when you had already sent off your information to a school of your choice and you were waiting for you acceptance letter(s)to come back so that you could enroll  into the school that best suits you? GREAT! well, my story went a little something like this....

It was the end of my freshman year leading up to my sophomore year at Coastal Alabama and I still did not know what area I wanted to live in or what school that I wanted to attend. (Please, do not procrastinate in this area of your life). I had not really thought about that; I was just going with the flow. Suddenly, BAM it hit me right in the face. I needed to decide what was going to be my next step in life and I knew I did not want to sit out a year nor just get up and go to work everyday without going to school. So, I started to put my best foot forward. I applied for at least two schools which were: USA and UAB. 

I really was not ready to live that far away from my parents. I was ready for the adult world but I had my doubts, but I stepped out on faith. I try not to stress or worry about things that are going to happen regardless if I know the outcome or not. (you could probably imagine the emotions and thoughts that I had). I worried my parents to death because I honestly did not know what I was going to do or what God's next move for me was going to be. PRAYER!
A few weeks past... then I finally got my acceptance letter. 

My reaction when I found I was admitted to USA was so exciting! I already had friends and hometown friends that I knew that were enrolled here and I took advantage of that. I started making phone calls and looking at dorms/apartments. I immediately got an email about transfer orientation(this is how I met with my adviser(s) of the nursing department and signed up for the classes that I am taking in the fall. 

I am now a Jag, I love the energy, and the atmosphere! GO JAGS!!!
Image result for university of south alabama

No comments:

Post a Comment

GROWTH :)

I have learned a lot about myself since becoming a Jag. I have learned my strengths and my weakness. There are at least 3 main things that I...